- Grain structure of the wire is directional.
- Complex cable construction with multiple conductor windings needs to run in specific direction so that each cable pair is matched.
- Signal and return paths are not matched.
- The shield termination is a factor wherein the load end is the open end (some cable designs).
- Maintaining a specific cable direction is important after cables are broken-in as it ‘sets’ the signal flow.
Many Audiophiles believe that a connected cable’s direction is sonically important. This is typically defined as the marked end of the cable that connects to the input or load audio component. One could argue that since audio signals are alternating current, cable directionality is an invalid concept. Here are some theories of why directionality is valid.
Welcome to the Cabledyne Weblog!
High-end Audiophile Cables