Reference Silver Audiophile USB Cable
Cabledyne Reference Audiophile USB Cable features isolated signal and power conductors in our exclusive Inconel alloy sheath for minimal crosstalk and noise. USB 2.0 Certification. Supports high-resolution PCM, DSF, and DSD D-A converters.
- Single Crystal high purity 6N silver conductors. No plating or dielectric coatings. Cryogenically treated.
- Advanced discrete 22 gauge signal and 22 gauge power conductor design results in tighter winding geometries for lower capacitance and inductance values.
- Hyflon fluoropolymer low signal dissipation sealed air core tubing structure. No lossy solid dielectric cores or fillers.
- Non-magnetic Inconel Aerospace grade chromium alloy cable sheath. The flexible woven jacket is superior to sonically degrading plastic braids and molded covers. Prevents electromagnetic noise contamination of the signal.
- Premium Audiophile grade connectors. Pure oxygen-free copper rod stock, direct plated (no nickel substrate). Cryogenically treated.
- Compatible with USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 'A' ports.
I previously owned the critically acclaimed Wire World Platinum Starlight USB cable that ran me around $600. It did sound better than my $6 printer cable but the price/benefit ratio was too high. I then heard about the Cabledyne USB cable (Head-Fi) that was touted as a bargain. Cut to the chase, the Cabledyne sounds as good or better than the Starlight for a mere $175! The Cabledyne has nice connectors and build quality is excellent. Of course many of my "computer friends" say I am fool but then they are not audiophiles and are tone deaf. :) BB, Minneapolis, MN
Cabledyne's World-class Suppliers
- KLS Electronic: Manufacturer of quality USB plugs. Shells are 24K gold plated brass and contacts are 24K direct gold plated copper. Contact blocks are cryogenically treated. Ensures a positive error-free connection.
- Youk Electronic Materials: Manufacturer of Single Crystal high purity wire. Advanced vacuum induction melting, inert gas process refining, and cryogenic finishing. No plating or dielectric coatings.
- Chemfluor: Internal cable structures employ Hyflon MFA air tubing. This tubing has the lowest porosity factor compared to PVC, Polyethylene, FEP, and PTFE Teflon found in other products. Sonic benefits are sharper image focus.
- Special Metals: Manufacturer of Inconel Aerospace grade chromium alloy braided cable sheath. Eliminates sonic coloration of plastic cable jackets.
- Specifications: USB 2.0. Maximum data rate 32-bit 384 kHz (480 Mbps) PCM, DSF, and DSD. Impedance: 90 Ohms. Wire gauge: 22 signal, 22 power.