Reference Audiophile USB Cable
Reference Audiophile USB Cable features isolated signal, power conductors and exclusive Inconel alloy sheath for lowest noise. USB 2.0 Certification. Supports high-resolution PCM, DSF, and DSD D-A converters. Reference Silver USB Commentary.
Connectors: USB 2.0 A/B plugs. How to Order: Select length below and click Add to Cart. Important Ordering Info. Note: A new tab will open when Add to Cart is clicked.
I previously owned the critically acclaimed Wire World Platinum Starlight USB cable that ran me around $600. It did sound better than my $6 printer cable but the price/benefit ratio was too high. I then heard about the Cabledyne USB cable (Head-Fi) that was touted as a bargain. Cut to the chase, the Cabledyne sounds as good or better than the Starlight for a mere $175! The Cabledyne has nice connectors and build quality is excellent. Of course many of my "computer friends" say I am fool but then they are not audiophiles and are tone deaf. :) BB, Minneapolis, MN
Cabledyne's World-class Suppliers
- KLS Electronic: Manufacturer of quality USB plugs. Shells are 24K gold plated brass and contacts are 24K direct gold plated copper. Contact blocks are cryogenically treated. Ensures a positive error-free connection.
- Youk Electronic Materials: Manufacturer of Single Crystal high purity silver wire. Advanced vacuum induction melting, inert gas process refining, and cryogenic finishing. No plating or dielectric coatings.
- Chemfluor: Internal cable structures employ Hyflon MFA air tubing. This tubing has the lowest porosity factor compared to PVC, Polyethylene, FEP, and PTFE Teflon found in other products. Sonic benefits are sharper image focus.
- Special Metals: Manufacturer of Inconel Aerospace grade chromium alloy braided cable sheath. Eliminates sonic coloration of plastic jackets.
- Specifications: USB 2.0. Maximum data rate 32-bit 384 kHz PCM, DSF, DSD. Impedance: 90 Ohms. Wire gauge: 22 signal, 22 power.